Save Capel are now preparing for the next critical stage of the fight to save our beautiful parish, namely the Government Inspectors public scrutiny and inspection of the TWBC Local Plan. You will know that the Local Plan is yet to be formally adopted, however we are certain that TWBC will continue with their dogged determination to push this through without change despite the overwhelming negative responses to their REG19 consultation.
To give us a fighting chance, we have engaged the services of an eminent QC to lead the legal team to represent us at the public hearings, regrettably this support comes at a high cost. We have been hampered in our normal fundraising efforts due to Covid, but through past generosity and support from the community we managed to raise sufficient funds to get us this far and this fundraising effort will continue.
For us to gauge the possible size of our financial “war chest” going forward, we are looking to all supporters, who feel they can, to pledge donations. In simple terms this is a way for supporters to pledge financial support in an equitable way but only if and when the campaign really needs it.
- You advise Save Capel, in confidence, the amount you would like to pledge by completing this form. Pledges will expire on 31st December 2022.
- To secure a pledge, an immediate contribution of 20% of the sum pledged should be paid as a donation (see below) and this will be deducted from your pledge balance. Funds are needed now, and we can only commit to paying for our obligations, under charity rules, from funds received.
- At this stage no further money is physically transferred but all the pledges will be recorded, in confidence, in the Save Capel funding plan.
- If/when the time comes that we need additional funding beyond that raised more conventionally, the same percentage of each pledge from all participants of the scheme will be requested. A two-week notice period would be given in writing indicating the amount being requested. Donations made will be deducted from your pledge balance.
- If exceptional circumstances arise which jeopardise your commitment to this scheme, we respectfully request you to advise Save Capel at the earliest convenience.
The system is set up with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
Donations and Gift Aid
All donations are made to Capel Greenbelt Protection Society (CGPS) who manage the funds on our behalf and can be made by banking app or debit/credit card.
If you are an individual taxpayer you can add gift aid on both payment methods which adds 25% to our funds. This applies when all donations are received (not pledges). In addition, you can also claim tax relief on the sum donated. For example, if you are a higher rate taxpayer the net cost to you for a £1,000 donation is £750 and Save Capel gets £1,250. If you have any questions please contact your financial advisor or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Save Capel Executive truly value the support from the community which has kept us motivated to continue the fight against this grotesque plan. This last but vital stage of the Local Plan approval process must be challenged vigorously. We trust you will support this initiative – it is “now or never” time and should you have any questions or concerns please contact the Save Capel Executive at email@example.com.