After the frantic work to get our Reg19 submission in, you may have thought we’ve all taken a holiday – fat chance, even if we could!
There is still a lot of work going on behind the scenes. We are analysing the excellent responses many of you, and others, have made. So far, surprise surprise, they are mainly negative. A good mixture of rational and emotional responses; we needed both, so thank you.
You can view Save Capel’s representations on our website Save Capel’s response to Regulation 19 • Save Capel
- KCC have put in a response which we would describe as 4 out of 10, but try again before we submit a Statement of Common Ground (SoCG).
- TMBC put in a short, yet robust, response and will be discussing the content of their SoCG on Tuesday 29th June.
- Our MP, Greg Clark, has made a couple of interventions:
– about Paddock Wood and the plans to close the bridge over the railway (which is a main thoroughfare)
– and something to do with a development on the golf course at Hawkhurst!
– Nothing about the Strategic sites at Tudeley and East Capel!
– And he issued an email setting out his seven principles for the TWBC Local Plan – nice words, but, where’s the accountability behind them?!
We wanted you to know we are still on the case, maybe working in the background, but we will keep you updated.
The short term objective could best be summarised as “Persuading TWBC, now a “hung Council” to delay submitting their Local Plan to the Inspectorate.” This buys us the time to do even more in-depth analysis/research to combat this nonsense, and to raise funds to enable us to give you, our Supporters, the best chance of success.
We therefore need to be patient, but still diligent, until TWBC pronounces whether, based on the Reg19 feedback, they want to take this forward to the Inspectorate.
Keep the faith. The TWBC cage is definitely rattled, however, we must keep up the pressure on them and the Local Plan process.